Community schooling is more than a set of school practices. It is a collective story of building, learning, and bridging.
This blog highlights the stories of community schooling.
What is a Community School?
Get to know some of the folks behind the UCLA Community Schools:
The Story of Mann UCLA Community School
More to come…
- Opportunities for Family InvolvementOne of the most important aspects that sets a community school apart from other schools is our commitment to include parents, families, and community members in our school community. Read more…
- Mann UCLA CS 2019-20 Annual Report: Preparing Active & Critical Participants in SocietyLooking back on 2019-20, we are pleased to release the annual report for Mann UCLA Community School. Thanks to our partnership with UCLA, we have a wonderful team of researchers and storytellers who have compiled a detailed account of our accomplishments from the 2019-2020 school year. We are so appreciative of Dr. Karen Quartz and her team who beautifully tell […]
- An Interview with Mr. Arbin LubianoEducators have emerged as universally recognized heroes of this pandemic. Schools and teachers have been rightfully lauded for their tireless work transitioning their learning online, ensuring all students have access to the necessary technology, and helping students engage with new forms of learning. Yet, somewhat lost in the broader conversation about the transformation of learning during this crisis have been […]
- An Interview with the PrincipalWe will be highlighting direct interviews with members of the Mann-UCLA family in addition to highlighting the community schooling practices that are being built at Mann. Today, we caught up with Mr. Johnson to hear his perspective on why Mann-UCLA Community School is uniquely positioned to respond to the COVID-19 crisis effectively. In these times of crisis, we are prioritizing […]
- Building a Virtual Community SchoolChecking in with Each Other In the first formal week of launching the virtual classrooms during the outbreak, the Mann-UCLA Community School family has prioritized checking in with each other above all else. In difficult and uncertain times like these, the Mann community has come to realize that two simple questions must be the starting point for everything else: “How […]