Challenging old assumptions. Removing barriers to learning. Reshaping the way we think about public education.
A Partnership for Change
The Mann UCLA Community School brings together the resources of the school, family and community to help young people thrive and make families and communities stronger in the South Los Angeles area.
The Mann UCLA Community School will be a cornerstone for high-quality public education in Chesterfield Square-preparing all students to graduate from high school ready to succeed in college, careers, civic life.
School Transformation Strategies
- Leadership: Inclusive school leadership and shared-decision making structures.
- Curriculum: Authentic instruction and assessment in the form of project-based learning, performance-based assessment, collaborative learning, and connections to the world beyond school.
- Teaching: Supports for educator learning through professional development and opportunities for reflection, collaboration, and leadership.
- Engagement: Authentic parent and community engagement
- Wrap-around Services: Emphasis on physical and mental health services for students and their families.
- Restorative Practices: Restorative justice and social and emotional learning supports to promote positive discipline models.
UCLA News and Press
The Mann UCLA Community School has been featured in publications.