Summer 2021 Updates, updated 8/6
Hello Panther families!
Enjoy your summer break!
Updated Main Office Summer Hours
The Main Office will be open until June 28th from 8:00am -3:00pm daily. We can assist you with enrollment, return textbooks, picking up diplomas, or requesting records. Seniors please come pick up your plaque’s before we close.
The Main Office will reopen Wednesday, July 21st. The office is open everyday from 8:00-3:30 PM.
2021-2022 Back to School
- The first day of school is August 16, 2021. Classes will be in-person. | El primer día de clases es el 16 de agosto de 2021. Las clases serán presenciales.
- July 27-30: ALL Mann UCLA students need to register for classes. Campus will be open from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM. | 27-30 de julio: TODOS los estudiantes deben registrarse para las clases. El campus estará abierto de 8:30 AM A 3:00 PM.
- New high school students must provide a transcript and behavior report. Enrollment appointments can be made on our school website. | Los nuevos estudiantes de secundaria deben proporcionar un transcrito escolar y un informe de comportamiento. Las citas de inscripción se pueden hacer en el sitio web de nuestra escuela.
- Uniform polo shirts are available for purchase whenever campus is open. Grades 6-8: gray polo, Grades 9-12: black polo. | Los polos de uniforme están disponibles para su compra siempre que el campus esté abierto. Grados 6-8: polo gris, Grados 9-12: polo negro.
Questions? Call the main office at (323) 341 -1900.
Baseline COVID Testing – ALL students MUST test to begin school.
6th Grade Orientation: Welcome to middle school!
We will be hosting a Zoom meeting on Thursday, August 12 at 2:00 PM to help you prepare for middle school! Join us!
Get to know the campus and bell schedule, prepare for back to school, see what clubs and programs we have for you. Most importantly, get all of your questions about starting middle school answered. We can’t wait to welcome you all to Mann UCLA CS!
Zoom Code: 850 5581 9562
9th Grade Orientation: Get ready for high school!
We will be hosting a Zoom meeting on Friday, August 13 at 2:00 PM to help you prepare for high school! Join us! More details below:
Get to know the bell schedule, prepare for back to school, see what clubs and programs we have for you. Most importantly, get all of your questions about starting high school answered.
Zoom Code: 839 3851 7462
Students and staff will continue to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System:
Student & Family Checklist
- All students must complete a COVID Test to ensure that they are negative for COVID-19. A flyer with locations and times is posted below.
- Once a negative COVID-19 test result is confirmed, students need to go to dailypass.lausd.net to obtain a Daily Pass that will allow them on campus. Instructions for how to access Daily Pass are posted below.
- The Daily Pass contains a QR code that must be presented at our school entrance, before each school day.
- Students will arrive at school at 8:00 AM. Students will present their Daily Pass and get their temperature checked (contactless). Students must wear a mask the entire time they are on campus (except to drink water and during breakfast/lunch).
How to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass Syste
- Students, parents and visitors will access the Daily Pass on any computer, tablet or mobile device at dailypass.lausd.net.
- Answer the daily health check questions (not more than a two-minute process!)
- Do you agree to commit to the safest behaviors (wear face coverings, avoid inviting people into the home, minimize close physical contact) possible and in so doing, keeping the schools safer?
- In the past 14 days have you not had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or greater
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (new or severe)
- Any of the following not due to a chronic condition: cough, congestion, runny nose, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell
- Have you had close physical contact with anyone with the symptoms above, or a COVID-19 case?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Souther California in the past 10 days?
- Are you under a quarantine or isolation order?
- If the individual has recently tested negative for COVID-19 and completes the online health check, a QR code will be generated for that day and specific site location
- School staff members dedicated to be “Welcomers” will be at every site to scan the QR code and take your temperature at the entrance.
Daily Pass Tutorials for Parents and Students
2021-2022 Picture Day: Grades 6-11 & Senior Portraits
Picture Day will be on Monday August 30, 2021. All students must have their picture taken for ID cards and the yearbook.
Students in grades 6-11 will be taking their picture during the school day. Students in Grades 6-8 must wear the grey Mann UCLA CS polo. Students in Grades 9-11 must wear the black Mann UCLA CS polo. Polos are on sale whenever the school is open.
Order forms and more information can be found on our Picture Day: Grades 6-11 page.
Students in 12th grade will be taking their formal senior portraits on Monday August 30, 2021 after school.
Order forms and more information can be found on our Senior Portraits Day: Grade 12 page.
Evening with the Principal – Summer Edition
Join Principal Johnson on Zoom for information regarding Back to School 2021-2022 on Thursday, July 29 at 5:00 PM.
Zoom Code: 852 2911 9719
Get ready for UCLA UniCamp!
Sign Up for UCLA UniCamp – Deadline July 15, 2021
Every summer Mann UCLA students have the opportunity to spend a week in the great outdoors with mentors from UCLA. It is an amazing opportunity for students to build their leadership skills, experience the wonders of nature, and make unforgettable memories with their fellow Mann Panthers!
Students get to spend a week at a beautiful campsite that is bordered by a peaceful river near Big Bear. UCLA students have developed a program especially for our Mann students, filled with activities such as hiking, mountain biking, arts & crafts, swimming, rock climbing, and so much more.
This is an unbelievable opportunity for our students, and its no wonder that Mann Panthers look forward to our week of camp year after year!
For more information, please click here: https://manncs.gseis.ucla.edu/unicamp2021/
To register, please click here: http://unicamp.org/uclacs
On Campus Summer Day Camp K-8th Grade
Mann UCLA Community School’s Beyond the Bell program is hosting an in-person Summer Day Camp on the 71st and Gramercy side of the school. This program accepts all students from grades kindergarten to 8th grade daily from 8:00am- 6:00pm.
This program will offer free hot meals as well as arts and crafts, dance, and sports.
Students will need to be COVID tested to participate. COVID-19 testing is on Mann campus every Tuesday from 8:30am -3:00pm.
For information please call 323-541-1914.
Application in English: https://manncs.gseis.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/English-application.pdf
Aplicación en español: https://manncs.gseis.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Spanish-application.pdf