September 2021 Updates, Updated 9/19
Hello Panther families!
Welcome back to another awesome school year!
Weekly Bulletin from Principal Johnson
All students must be in full uniform by Monday, September 13
Students have until Monday, September 13 to obtain the full Mann UCLA uniform. It is a requirement for all students to be wearing the uniform when at school. Middle school students wear gray polos and black pants. High school students wear black polos and black pants.
Polos, PE uniforms, cardigans, and sweater vests can be purchased from the school student store or at the main office whenever campus is open.
Polos are $20 each. If more than one polo is purchased, the price drops to $15 each.
High School Students! Run for ASB Class Representative to represent your Grade Level
Our ASB students have been working hard to plan events for our school community this year, and you’ll learn that high school ASB and middle school ASB have much in store for our students.
Before we can continue the year, high school ASB needs to have one more election to elect grade representatives for grades 9 – 12. Grade level representatives attend ASB meetings, plan events for their grade level, and act as a liaison between the students and administration.
Families, please join us for our Title 1 Meeting to learn what resources are available to your students at school:
The meeting will take place on September 9 at 10:30 AM on Zoom. The Zoom Code is 838 1144 8983.
Families, please join us for our first School Site Council Meeting – a space where your voice can be heard!
The meeting will take place on September 14 at 3:30 PM on Zoom. The Zoom Code is 838 1144 8983.
What to do if your student is in quarantine at home
Students and staff will continue to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System:
Student & Family Checklist
- All students must complete a COVID Test to ensure that they are negative for COVID-19. Students at Mann will be tested on campus every Friday during the school day.
- Once a negative COVID-19 test result is confirmed, students need to go to dailypass.lausd.net to obtain a Daily Pass that will allow them on campus. Instructions for how to access Daily Pass are posted below.
- The Daily Pass contains a QR code that must be presented at our school entrance, before each school day.
- Students will arrive at school at 8:00 AM. Students will present their Daily Pass and get their temperature checked (contactless). Students must wear a mask the entire time they are on campus (except to drink water and during breakfast/lunch).
How to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System
- Students, parents and visitors will access the Daily Pass on any computer, tablet or mobile device at dailypass.lausd.net.
- Answer the daily health check questions (not more than a two-minute process!)
- Do you agree to commit to the safest behaviors (wear face coverings, avoid inviting people into the home, minimize close physical contact) possible and in so doing, keeping the schools safer?
- In the past 14 days have you not had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or greater
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (new or severe)
- Any of the following not due to a chronic condition: cough, congestion, runny nose, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell
- Have you had close physical contact with anyone with the symptoms above, or a COVID-19 case?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Souther California in the past 10 days?
- Are you under a quarantine or isolation order?
- If the individual has recently tested negative for COVID-19 and completes the online health check, a QR code will be generated for that day and specific site location
- School staff members dedicated to be “Welcomers” will be at every site to scan the QR code and take your temperature at the entrance.
Daily Pass Tutorials for Parents and Students
Resources for Mann UCLA CS families and community from the 1736 Family Crisis Center
Please read on for financial support and counseling, a backpack giveaway, college application support, citizenship support, a diaper giveaway, and support for paying the utilities.