January 2022 Updates
Hello Panther families!
Happy New Year!
Winter Break – No School
School will be closed from December 20, 2021 through January 7, 2022.
Monday, January 10, 2022 is now a PUPIL FREE DAY – NO SCHOOL.
Students will return on Tuesday, January 11 2022.
All students MUST be COVID tested prior to returning to school campus during the week of January 10.
All employees and students are REQUIRED to be tested to enter campus.
To uphold the highest safety standards, and in light of the rise in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant, we are making the following changes to our health and safety protocols for the second semester:
- Districtwide Pupil Free Day for all schools on Monday, January 10th. (No School) Student Return Tuesday January 11th.
- Additional test sites with extended hours are available (M-Sat 7:15 am – 6:00 pm) at the following sites near Mann: Audubon MS, Crenshaw HS, Raymond Ave., Washington Prep HS.
At-Home Rapid Self-Test Distribution
COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students.
Please pick up your student’s free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at any of our 63 Grab & Go sites.
Each student may receive two self-tests. Please see the map for pickup locations.
Vaccines for all Mann UCLA students (ages 12 and up)
As part of the Los Angeles Unified School District’s efforts to provide the safest possible environment in which to learn and work, all students 12 years old and older should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical or other exemption. Students turning 12 soon, should receive their first vaccine dose no later than 30 days after their 12th birthday, and their second dose no later than 8 weeks after their 12th birthday.
A proof of vaccination must be uploaded into the Los Angeles Unified’s Daily Pass system.
Read LAUSD’s statement on the vaccine requirement by clicking HERE.
Vaccine Clinics – Check the flyers below for the hours and locations of the vaccine clinic most convenient for you:
All students must be in full uniform everyday
Students should have the full Mann UCLA uniform. It is a requirement for all students to be wearing the uniform when at school. Middle school students wear gray polos and black pants. High school students wear black polos and black pants.
Polos, PE uniforms, cardigans, and sweater vests can be purchased from the school student store or at the main office whenever campus is open.
Polos are $20 each. If more than one polo is purchased, the price drops to $15 each.
Uniform Challenge Continues. All students in their uniform will receive a ticket at check in for a special activity.
Mann Uniform Challenge Kick Off will be Monday-Wednesday, November 29 -Dec 1 each students in uniform will receive a special ticket to an event or be put in a raffle. Show up in uniform to get your ticket. All students must be present to win! Remember attendance matters!
Families, please join us for School Site Council Meeting – a space where your voice can be heard!
School Site Council is open to teachers, staff, families, students, and community members, making it a powerful space for all stakeholders to work together.
Responsibilities include making decisions on the school budget, school programs, and participating in governance meetings.
The meeting will take place on December 14 at 3:30 PM on Zoom. The Zoom Code is 838 1144 8983.
What to do if your student is in quarantine at home
Students and staff will continue to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System:
Student & Family Checklist
- All students must complete a COVID Test to ensure that they are negative for COVID-19. Students at Mann will be tested on campus every Friday during the school day.
- Once a negative COVID-19 test result is confirmed, students need to go to dailypass.lausd.net to obtain a Daily Pass that will allow them on campus. Instructions for how to access Daily Pass are posted below.
- The Daily Pass contains a QR code that must be presented at our school entrance, before each school day.
- Students will arrive at school at 8:00 AM. Students will present their Daily Pass and get their temperature checked (contactless). Students must wear a mask the entire time they are on campus (except to drink water and during breakfast/lunch).
How to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System
- Students, parents and visitors will access the Daily Pass on any computer, tablet or mobile device at dailypass.lausd.net.
- Answer the daily health check questions (not more than a two-minute process!)
- Do you agree to commit to the safest behaviors (wear face coverings, avoid inviting people into the home, minimize close physical contact) possible and in so doing, keeping the schools safer?
- In the past 14 days have you not had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or greater
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (new or severe)
- Any of the following not due to a chronic condition: cough, congestion, runny nose, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell
- Have you had close physical contact with anyone with the symptoms above, or a COVID-19 case?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Souther California in the past 10 days?
- Are you under a quarantine or isolation order?
- If the individual has recently tested negative for COVID-19 and completes the online health check, a QR code will be generated for that day and specific site location
- School staff members dedicated to be “Welcomers” will be at every site to scan the QR code and take your temperature at the entrance.