April 2022 Updates, Updated 4/20/2022
Hello Panther families!
People can begin applying for Los Angeles County‘s guaranteed income program on March 31st. The “Breathe: LA County’s Guaranteed Income Program” will give 1,000 randomly selected residents $1,000 a month for three years. Participants will receive the money through a debit card, and there are no strings attached or conditions to the income. Below are the qualifications.
To be eligible for this project, you must meet all these requirements:
· Be 18 years of age or older
· Have a household income that falls within the maximum annual household income amount, listed below (you also must reside in a qualifying area of LA County)
· Have been negatively financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
· Not be currently enrolled in another Guaranteed Income project offered by the County, a city, or other public or private entity
Please see the link below to read more about and apply for the program, and feel free to share this with anyone who might benefit from the program.
Join us for our Senior Production of Romeo+Juliet 4Ever
Our Class of 2022 Seniors are putting on a production of Romeo+Juliet 4 Ever on Thursday, April 28 at 6:00 PM in the auditorium.
Donate blood at Mann UCLA Community School!blooddrive
PTSA Kick-Off & April’s Evening with the Principal
Parent Meeting for Class of 2022 8th Graders!
School Town Hall
Friday, April 8, 2022: Minimum Day Bell Schedule
On Campus Dental Clinic
Smile Dentist will be at Mann UCLA Community School on April 27, 2022.
Consent forms can be picked up and turned in to the main office. Please see Ms. Brice, our parent rep, for more information.
Families can also sign up at https://www.bigsmilesdental.org/
Enter in zip code 90047 and select Horace Mann Ucla Community School from the list.
Free COVID Vaccines for Ages 5+
Spring Break – No School
School will be closed on Monday, April 11 – Friday, April 15.
Students will return to campus on Monday, April 18, 2022.
Spring Break Rapid COVID Testing Instructions
During Spring Break students and staff will be required to COVID test using an At-Home Rapid test.
Test should be administered 48 hours (April 16th or 17th) before returning to campus, April 18th.
Each student was given an At-Home Rapid test kit and instructions on Thursday, April 7, 2022. If students did not receive them on Thursday, they can also be picked up on Friday. If your family would like a PCR test, please scroll to the bottom for the district schedule and locations.
If the test is NEGATIVE, no further action is needed.
If the test is POSITIVE, isolate immediately and upload a picture of your results to Daily Pass.
Reclaim Our Schools – District 1 Board Meeting
Prom2Go! from Children’s Institute
Juniors and Seniors can pick out a NEW dress for free (while supplies last)! Scan the QR code on the flyer below to register.CII22_Prom2Go
Read our Spring 2021 Attendance Newsletter
Click here to read our School Attendance Newsletter featuring updates and tips from our pupil services & attendance counselor.
After-School Tutoring in the College Center – get extra support from YOUR TEACHERS!
Saturday School Opportunity for Middle School students
Families of 6th – 8th graders can sign their student up for extra support in English Language Arts and Math!
Sign up by completing the following Google Form.
Vaccines for all Mann UCLA students (ages 12 and up)
As part of the Los Angeles Unified School District’s efforts to provide the safest possible environment in which to learn and work, all students 12 years old and older should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical or other exemption. Students turning 12 soon, should receive their first vaccine dose no later than 30 days after their 12th birthday, and their second dose no later than 8 weeks after their 12th birthday.
A proof of vaccination must be uploaded into the Los Angeles Unified’s Daily Pass system.
Read LAUSD’s statement on the vaccine requirement by clicking HERE.
Vaccine Clinics – Check the flyers below for the hours and locations of the vaccine clinic most convenient for you:
All students must be in full uniform everyday
Students should have the full Mann UCLA uniform. It is a requirement for all students to be wearing the uniform when at school. Middle school students wear gray polos and black pants. High school students wear black polos and black pants.
Polos, PE uniforms, cardigans, and sweater vests can be purchased from the school student store or at the main office whenever campus is open.
Polos are $20 each. If more than one polo is purchased, the price drops to $15 each.
Uniform Challenge Continues. All students in their uniform will receive a ticket at check in for a special activity.
Mann Uniform Challenge Kick Off will be Monday-Wednesday, November 29 -Dec 1 each students in uniform will receive a special ticket to an event or be put in a raffle. Show up in uniform to get your ticket. All students must be present to win! Remember attendance matters!
Families, please join us for School Site Council Meeting – a space where your voice can be heard!
School Site Council is open to teachers, staff, families, students, and community members, making it a powerful space for all stakeholders to work together.
Responsibilities include making decisions on the school budget, school programs, and participating in governance meetings.
The meeting will take place on March 15 at 3:30 PM on Zoom. The Zoom Code is 838 1144 8983.
What to do if your student is in quarantine at home
Students and staff will continue to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System:
Student & Family Checklist
- All students must complete a COVID Test to ensure that they are negative for COVID-19. Students at Mann will be tested on campus every Friday during the school day.
- Once a negative COVID-19 test result is confirmed, students need to go to dailypass.lausd.net to obtain a Daily Pass that will allow them on campus. Instructions for how to access Daily Pass are posted below.
- The Daily Pass contains a QR code that must be presented at our school entrance, before each school day.
- Students will arrive at school at 8:00 AM. Students will present their Daily Pass and get their temperature checked (contactless). Students must wear a mask the entire time they are on campus (except to drink water and during breakfast/lunch).
How to use LAUSD’s Daily Pass System
- Students, parents and visitors will access the Daily Pass on any computer, tablet or mobile device at dailypass.lausd.net.
- Answer the daily health check questions (not more than a two-minute process!)
- Do you agree to commit to the safest behaviors (wear face coverings, avoid inviting people into the home, minimize close physical contact) possible and in so doing, keeping the schools safer?
- In the past 14 days have you not had any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or greater
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (new or severe)
- Any of the following not due to a chronic condition: cough, congestion, runny nose, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell
- Have you had close physical contact with anyone with the symptoms above, or a COVID-19 case?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Souther California in the past 10 days?
- Are you under a quarantine or isolation order?
- If the individual has recently tested negative for COVID-19 and completes the online health check, a QR code will be generated for that day and specific site location
- School staff members dedicated to be “Welcomers” will be at every site to scan the QR code and take your temperature at the entrance.